Carrick on Suir Motor Club

Update to members

Dear Club Members,

 

Update on our proposed events to year end.

 

The decision has been taken by our COC and his team for the Autocross scheduled for Sunday the 13th of September to cancel this event, This decision by Richie was not taken easily but due to the date move which caused a change of location from last year he had concerns about the management of the new venue.

 

The decision has also been taken by our COC Derek O’Neill not to proceed with our two day Hillclimb scheduled for Saturday the 19th & Sunday the 20th of September.

 

We must respect and support both Richie and Derek’s decision and thank them both for the efforts in trying to get these events up and running.

 

A Press release will be issued shortly advising of both cancelations.

 

 

Our Ravens Rock Mini Stages Rally scheduled for Sunday the 11th of October is still on schedule and an amount of work has been done to date, Our COC James Coleman suggests at best the running of the event is currently 50/50 however he intends proceeding as planned with all the necessary work and a final decision can be made 2/3 weeks out from the event and worst case scenario, we will have an event ready to run at any date in the future should we fail on this occasion.

 

The following has been agreed and approved.

 

  1. Date and event has been approved by Motorsport Ireland, Sport Ireland and the Return to Sport Task Force.
  2. Regs & Entry form ready for submitting to MI for approval
  3. Roadbook, T&D Schedule and Time cards already in DRAFT format
  4. Safety plan is completed in DRAFT format and the Motorsport Ireland Safety Officer has inspected and approved it. It will be sent to MI in the coming days for approval and a permit number.
  5. Tramore/Kilmacthomas Garda have given us their approval and offered any help we need.
  6. Waterford Co Co Head Engineer over roads has given us his support for the event and approval for road closing which will be published in the coming week.
  7. HQ and Service Area confirmed
  8. All services including Doctors are provisionally booked
  9. B & M Communications provisionally booked and radio test for late September
  10. Angus Sealy Results provisionally booked
  11. Donegal timing gear and personnel provisionally booked
  12. Accommodation required provisionally booked at Dooley’s Hotel

 

 

Our Chairman and COC for the event in anticipation of favourable changes to HSA guidelines and or further dispensation for sports events from the Return to Sport Task Force (See favourable email below as late as yesterday to MI from Sport Ireland)  is asking at this point what club members are happy to be involved in working pre event and on the day as positions now need to be allocated.  He and all other Club directors ask that no club member should feel under pressure to be involved unless they are happy to do so under current conditions/guidelines.

 

Several Members are already committed and involved to date. If we could just get a thumbs up txt or WhatsApp to the COC on 0872640000 by this coming Friday evening it would be great as we intend to contact surrounding clubs for help after this weekend and it would be great to know what positions we need to fill. 

 

 

Regards

 

Ann Fitzgerald

The Cross, Mooncoin, Co. Kilkenny. (via Waterford)

051 895238

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

 
 

Update to members

Dear Club Members,

 

Update on our proposed events to year end.

 

The decision has been taken by our COC and his team for the Autocross scheduled for Sunday the 13th of September to cancel this event, This decision by Richie was not taken easily but due to the date move which caused a change of location from last year he had concerns about the management of the new venue.

 

The decision has also been taken by our COC Derek O’Neill not to proceed with our two day Hillclimb scheduled for Saturday the 19th & Sunday the 20th of September.

 

We must respect and support both Richie and Derek’s decision and thank them both for the efforts in trying to get these events up and running.

 

A Press release will be issued shortly advising of both cancelations.

 

 

Our Ravens Rock Mini Stages Rally scheduled for Sunday the 11th of October is still on schedule and an amount of work has been done to date, Our COC James Coleman suggests at best the running of the event is currently 50/50 however he intends proceeding as planned with all the necessary work and a final decision can be made 2/3 weeks out from the event and worst case scenario, we will have an event ready to run at any date in the future should we fail on this occasion.

 

The following has been agreed and approved.

 

  1. Date and event has been approved by Motorsport Ireland, Sport Ireland and the Return to Sport Task Force.
  2. Regs & Entry form ready for submitting to MI for approval
  3. Roadbook, T&D Schedule and Time cards already in DRAFT format
  4. Safety plan is completed in DRAFT format and the Motorsport Ireland Safety Officer has inspected and approved it. It will be sent to MI in the coming days for approval and a permit number.
  5. Tramore/Kilmacthomas Garda have given us their approval and offered any help we need.
  6. Waterford Co Co Head Engineer over roads has given us his support for the event and approval for road closing which will be published in the coming week.
  7. HQ and Service Area confirmed
  8. All services including Doctors are provisionally booked
  9. B & M Communications provisionally booked and radio test for late September
  10. Angus Sealy Results provisionally booked
  11. Donegal timing gear and personnel provisionally booked
  12. Accommodation required provisionally booked at Dooley’s Hotel

 

 

Our Chairman and COC for the event in anticipation of favourable changes to HSA guidelines and or further dispensation for sports events from the Return to Sport Task Force (See favourable email below as late as yesterday to MI from Sport Ireland)  is asking at this point what club members are happy to be involved in working pre event and on the day as positions now need to be allocated.  He and all other Club directors ask that no club member should feel under pressure to be involved unless they are happy to do so under current conditions/guidelines.

 

Several Members are already committed and involved to date. If we could just get a thumbs up txt or WhatsApp to the COC on 0872640000 by this coming Friday evening it would be great as we intend to contact surrounding clubs for help after this weekend and it would be great to know what positions we need to fill. 

 

 

Regards

 

Ann Fitzgerald

The Cross, Mooncoin, Co. Kilkenny. (via Waterford)

051 895238

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

 
 

Covid-19 Update

Dear Club Members,

 

After a very difficult time for us all we are finally seeing a return to some form of normality, Obviously it has been disappointing for us all that we couldn’t run our events to date with our Autocross and Ravens Rock having to be postponed.

 

Our normal monthly meetings including our AGM having to be put on hold but we are no different to any other club or voluntary body, We just had to take it as it came and hope for the best.

 

As you will see from the document attached an amount of work has being going on behind the scenes to allow us when the time was right to get our sport up and running again and I would like to think we as in Carrick on Suir Motor Club can run some events to cater for some of our disciplines between now and year end.

 

The timeframes we have to work to are set out below and I would firstly like to confirm to Motorsport Ireland that we do intend to run an event between now and year end, This puts us in a position to attend the dates meeting.

 

Over the coming days I would intend organising a zoom/teams meeting with the respective COCs and their teams to consider all options and possibilities for the months ahead, Once travel restrictions and meeting numbers are extended and increased I would hope to have a meeting in a warehouse unit if necessary to get things up and running again.

 

You will note MI are open to any additional suggestions for our sports return, Please send any suggestions to Ann Marie Fitzgerald in the coming days to allow her forward same to Motorsport Ireland.

 

In the meantime we will all keep up the good work to date and hopefully the worse is behind us.

 

James Coleman (Chairman)

Carrick on Suir Motor Club Limited.

Dear Clubs,

After several months, the possibility of motorsport returning is close to a reality and we must now prepare for what that will look like. As communicated previously, we have had a group working on the protocols that will be required when we do return, as it is obvious that lots of things will have to done differently going forward.

In order for each club to make an educated decision on the future of motorsport in their community, we now share that document with you. The attached “The Road to Return” document is designed to provide a practical approach to each procedure involved in the running of events within each discipline of our sport and should help clubs to make their decisions. This currently provides for the immediate return of single vehicle occupancy events only. However, we have included protocols for 2 person occupancy for when Government guidelines allow. “The Road to Return” document has been approved by Sport Ireland and we would welcome any further specific items from Clubs etc. that would enhance the protocols, as this will be a constantly changing document. Please send these by email to  This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

We will need each club that currently has a date on the 2020 calendar from July 18th to the end of the year to decide whether they are able to run those events, so that we can then compile a calendar based on that information.

The second thing we need to know from each club is whether you have a possibility of running any other events between July 18th and the end of the year, perhaps an event you have had to cancel or even another event completely. We can confirm that the insurance costs will remain as they are currently published for 2020. Please send all communication to  This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it  and request a confirmation of receipt.

Once we have this information, we can arrange a meeting of the affiliated clubs that are in a position to run events for the remainder of 2020 and compile a calendar. We plan to meet with those clubs on the 11th of July, but the venue cannot be fixed until we have a clear picture on the numbers and the guidelines for such meetings at that time. Should a club NOT reply within the timeline below then we will assume that they are not in a position to run any motorsport events for the remainder of 2020 and any dates that they may have had will be removed from the calendar.

The time-frames are:

29th June: This email and “The Road to Return” document circulated

5th July: Final date for replies from clubs

6th July: Invitation to the meeting and a revised calendar for 2020 circulated

11th July: Meeting with clubs (location TBC)

We will start the meeting of the 11th July in the morning and the intention is to have a calendar for the remainder of 2020 before we leave. Club representatives must have a mandate to make decisions on behalf of their club regarding dates for the remainder of 2020. Should space permit, two representatives will be allowed, but there will be ample break out times to allow representatives to hold zoom meetings or telephone calls with their fellow club directors to assist with decisions. Clubs must be able to confirm the availability of venues should their event require such and no date will be agreed if this information cannot be confirmed. When replying for the 5th July, clubs must name their number 1 and number 2 representatives, as due to COVID-19 restrictions, attendance might be limited to one person and will be strictly by invitation only.

We hope that this information clarifies how this procedure will happen. As has been said many times, we are a voluntary organisation so, to be very clear, no club or person is being forced to participate and each person must be responsible for their own choices, remembering that it is always a case of “Health First”.

John Naylor                                                  Leo Hassett

President,  Motorsport Ireland                 CEO, Motorsport Ireland   


Click Here for attachment

 
 

Willie Loughman Forestry 2020 entry form

Entry form is now available!!

Please get you entry in to par take in the Carrick Forestry Rally 

See attached link

https://rally.ie/index.php/stories/200118-035415?fbclid=IwAR1dr4R-FqdnH2UDsF4d6hGhVz1pLfYh8NG0fQIZuweqktJ_JUUHe7I-guA

 
 

Wm.Loughman Forestry Rally 2020 SideNews


Event Contact Numbers.....
COC - Liam Mackey
+353 (0) 87 232 6767
Assistant COC- Terence Kearney
+353 (0) 87 193 6141

Event Secretary- Ciara Jacob
+353 (0) 85 835 0345
Entries Secretary - Ann Marie Hanbury
+ 353 (0) 85 722 6660
Phone calls after 6:30pm only


 
 

Willie Loughman Forestry 2020 Regulations

 
 

Page 2 of 6